- Save 2-3 percent for each degree you lower your thermostat.
- Set your thermostat back 5 degrees when leaving home for an extended period of time.
- Keep your thermostat set at the lowest comfortable setting. At night, throw on a extra blanket and turn down your thermostat a degree or two.
- Programmable thermostats are a great way to automatically keep temperatures low while you are away or at night.
- Adequate humidity can make you feel more comfortable at a lower temperature. Some thermostats have a humidity setting; be sure to adjust accordingly.