Cooking with Gas
- Only preheat the oven when necessary.
- Don’t block oven air passages with aluminum foil or oven liners.
- Thaw food before cooking.
- On top burners use the smallest flame possible. The flame should not exceed the pan’s width.
- Keep ovens and cooktops clean. Clean appliances operate more efficiently.
- Cover pots to bring water to a boil faster.
- A blue flame on your stovetop burner is more efficient than a yellow one. Clean your burners with soap and water if the flame appears yellowish.